Wednesday 22 February 2017

Thin Ice

It's my pleasure to have a project featured today. I wanted to create a really interestingly textured background and this is what I came up with!
I started by layering Black Dress and then Snowflake paints on my page using a brayer. I didn't dry in between the two colours and you naturally get this 'blue' shade! Clever 'eh?! I use quite a small amount of paint (a little goes a long way) and I like to see the layers peep through so I didn't worry about covering the page fully.
I added Granny Smith paint through a leafy stencil (that I used upside down). Since writing this post I've realised this stencil is supposed to be like tyre tracks but to me it looks like leaves on a vine...! I aded a tiled floor and repositioned the stencil to draw white pen highlights.
I used a few Elenazinski stamps (border, chap and spider, circle in background) to make up the background and I stamped the chap on paper, coloured him in and then added him to the page. The final flourishes was to add a Dylusions stencil and some Gold highlights.
Thank you as always for popping by!

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks like a vine too... love this page! Mind how you dance on thin ice though...

    ReplyDelete