Friday 12 May 2017

Card with Flower Garden by Tim Holtz

It's Monika here again
with a floral card.
You know the theme of our May challenge
 over at Country View Challenges: 

So here is my card with Tim's flowers.




Right now I just want to show you how you can make a background like this.

I painted blue a heavy weight cardstock (300gms/140lb).




After drying I stencilled with Tim's Burlap stencil and modelling paste.




After drying I took a toothbrush and grey paint, and I painted some stripes onto the card.




After I smeared Amsterdam white acrylic paint. You don't have to thin this acrylic paint with water because - I'm sorry to say this - there's hardly any pigment in it.






For the flowers I used Ranger Silver Pearl embossing powder and I coloured with watercolour technique.


What I used:

DecoArt Americana paint (Spa Blue, Neutral Grey, White Pearl)
Amsterdam acrylic paint (Zinc White)
Ranger embossing powder (Silver Pearl)
Ranger Distress marker (Worn Lipstick, Mowed Lawn)
Sizzix Thinlits Die, Handwritten Celebrate by Tim Holtz
Sizzix Thinlits Die, Alphanumeric (3/4") by Tim Holtz




I hope you like it! Happy crafting!


6 comments: