Friday 16 June 2017

Can you resist this?!

I love creating resist backgrounds using paint. It can be more versatile than using wax or embossing powder because you can incorporate it more into the background. Let me show you.

Using a tag as my base I put white paint through a stencil.
Lightly mist the tag with water and spray ink over the top of the paint. Love those puddles of ink!
When dry it looks like this!
Add some Distress ink to the edges (I used brown and black)
Next I wanted a 'pop' of colour so I cut out a heart shape from kraft card and and added some red paint. I didn't want a uniform finish. A little more black distress ink at the edges finished it off.
Finally I built up the final images on the tag and added it to a journal page. I used a Paper Doll, and a Quote Chip as well as a little torn book page.
I hope you like my resist technique and try it some time!

4 comments: