Monday 26 June 2017

Oxides backgrounds and quick cards

Hi it's Brenda here today from Bumblebees and Butterflies with some more doxides (that's my shorthand for Distress Oxides lol) backgrounds which were actually left over pieces from other projects and helped made some very quick cards that I needed a while ago. You may remember the background masterboards I made as my first outing using the new Distress Oxides (here if you missed it) and then the two cards I made using some of it? (Again here and here if you missed those too).

Here's a reminder of the pieces I'd got when I had finished playing.


And here's what I made from the left over pieces. I stencilled and stamped to create some depth and interest ......


I inked the edges and added it to a 4 x 4 card .....


.... and then just added a butterfly - die-cut from left over pieces ......


..... and a stamped sentiment.


The same process with this one ......


.... choosing the left over bits carefully to tone in with the background colours ........


.... and using a different sentiment.


I have to say the feedback from my friends was so lovely I am now making little sets of these to sell.


Thanks for stopping by.

hugs Brenda xxx

I can't get into Inlinkz for the moment but here are the links to the Country View Crafts shop for the products I used.

Distress Oxides
Simple Sayings stamps set
Hashtags stamp set
Detailed Butterflies thinlits dies

7 comments:

  1. The stencilling and stamping add so much depth to the already gorgeous backgrounds Brenda and those butterflies are just the perfect toppers on these beautiful cards!! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous. I have some Oxide Distress ink pads but think I need some yellow to add to them. Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, I am thinking the same thing that Anne said above. The butterflies are the perfect accompaniments to those stunning oxide based backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Brenda. Love the colours you've used too. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous Brenda... I love them!

    ReplyDelete