Saturday 14 October 2017

Be Original


Well Trace here today , with another distress oxide and paperdoll creation...full of inky yumminess! So here is the card and all the details follow below:


If you are not able to get the paperdolls , you could still create something similar using a found relatives image cut out or a stamped image in its place...but they are gorgeous things to play with!

I have used many collage items, some dyed seam binding, idea-ology and some of the new Tim Holtz tape...


To create the background I applied broken china, cracked pistachio and vintage photo distress oxide inks onto the craft sheet, I spritzed plenty of water and swiped the card through the inky droplets... heat dry and then re dip and continue to dip and dry until you are happy.


I then applied some distress oxide ink ( vintage photo ) through one of my favourite stencils lattice stencil 019 - in the corners of the card front.


I edged the card in vintage photo distress ink using a mini blending tool.


To create the layered collage piece I placed some of the new snippets together and glued them into place ...having scuffed and inked the edges.



to complete the overall look, I applied some broken china distress oxide ink onto a craft sheet, spritzed with water and then dabbed in the collage pieces to pick up some of the gorgeous blue ink.


below shows the details of the finished card and shows where the collaged pieces have picked up the blue ink..

doing this with the oxide inks helps to tie all those pieces together.. and the oxides have such a gorgeous finish ..


To complete the piece I added some flowers cut using the new thinlits dies - small tattered florals from Tim Holtz, and I cut these from a piece of card coloured using distress oxides ink..

I added some of the gorgeous film strip from idea-ology , adhering using mini attacher staples..I added a paper doll, sanded lightly and inked around the edges with vintage photo distress ink..I also added some rub ons to add more layers of detail



I added more of these tiny flowers and a quote chip- these are fab as they create such great dimension


To the side of the card I added some dyed seam binding, dyed using broken china distress ink..



To give the paper doll dimension I added some foam tape behind the girl and added here on using this 


So there you have my inky and idea-ology filled card...


hope you like it!
trace x

1 comment: