Saturday 13 October 2018

October Visible Image stamps release

Hello it's Jane from Jane's Journal here today to showcase the fabulous brand new Visible Image stamp release.  This new release has something for everyone.  There are 6 new stamp sets and 3 new stencils. Grab a cuppa and take a seat and I'll walk you through them all. I am on the DT for Visible Image so I will first share some samples I made, which have been shared on social media.
First up is "One kind word ".

 This fab set features a vintage typewriter, 4 sets of words that fit the paper plus 2 sentiments.
(If you would like to see a step by step for any of these projects you can find them on my blog.)

There are 2 dance sets, which are perfect for those always difficult teenage projects.
The street dance boys
 And the hip hop girls.
The 3 new stencils are
1983
 Grate-ful
and Two tone
In the sample below I used 1983 and Grate-ful to make a funky background for the hip hop girls to dance on. 
The Daydreamer is a set has an almost comic strip feel .
I added glossy accents to her glasses and the "what if" sentiment.
 There is one new background set
Set the tone
and last but not least is the awesome "You are not alone". 

This is such a versatile set..my first design was a galaxy card..using distress oxides on black card.

Finally I wanted to show how well the new and existing Visible Image sets work together.
First up is a very Hammer Horror Halloween tag using
Mr Bone Jangles
and the skull stencil

which I shared on my blog this week.

As we are approaching Halloween I thought for a new project for today's post I would share a step by step for a different tag using Mr Bone Jangles but this time using the
Dark heart's stencil to make the spooky background.
 and one of the sentiments from the Queen of Hearts 

 I blended Carved pumpkin and Cracked pistachio distress inks onto a tag then blended black soot through the stencil. I also added the moon from the Believe in unicorns set.
This was the background for my tag.
I flicked on some water and organic leaf stamping and glued on a die cut spider's web
I added brown paint and texture to some die cut branches and stamped and matted the sentiment. "Treat me" works so well for Halloween treat bags. I make a whole serious of treat bags for my big and small kids every year and each has a handmade tag attached.
I stamped out one of the skulls and stamped and gold embossed the hands from You are Not alone. These were fussy cut out. I blended some Vintage photo distress ink onto the hands to darken them up (you can see this in the final photos).
It was then time to put my design together.
Here is my finished tag.


and one last shot.
Thanks so much for reading to the end of this very long post. This is such a great new release and works so well with the existing catalogue of  Visible Image stamps and stencils. The ones Susan stocks are all on the Country View Crafts website here. If any are out of stock just add your email and Susan will contact you when she has them back in. Also remember that there is FREE UK postage on everything you buy.

Have a creative and inky weekend ahead, the sun is still shining here and it's due to reach 22c today...crazy October (but lovely) weather.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous post Jane with loads of ideas. Love your samples xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A superb post. Those hands are great . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete