Wednesday 19 February 2014

A World Full of Colour




Good morning everyone and I hope it is a lovely sunny day wherever you are - and if not, I hope this journal page might cheer you up!

A couple of weeks ago we woke to an amazing sunrise - not just in the east but a complete "wrap around"!  The sky was the most brilliant red, orange and yellow but sadly foretold the coming of the next stormy battering of this winter.  Within an hour we were plunged into dark, grey skies, torrential rain and gale force winds.  So what better than to keep those colours in my head and reach for the brightest inks I could find.


I started off by spraying the right hand side of my double page with Bubble Gum and Fresh Lime Dylusions Sprays and then folded the left hand side over the top and spread the colours around a bit.


I didn't want full coverage of the page, but blotches of colour. When it was dry I laid the Tim Holtz Clock Mask over the page and sprayed it water to create a watercolour effect which you can't really see as I have covered most of it up.   At this stage I should have got the camera out to take some step by step's but I was so excited I forget and just kept going!


Next I took a few stamps - a favourite text and clock stamp and the chicken wire from the Tim Holtz Mixed Media stamp set and stamped here and there with Vermillian Arcival Ink and also added some small strips of Tissue Tape. Next came the Grunge Paste (one of my fav products at the moment) and used the Tim Holtz Ruler Mask to create the wonderful texture.  I left it white but in places it has picked up the colour of the Dylusions.  While this was drying I sprayed a couple of tags and used the ruler mask again to create a watercolour effect.  A kraft butterfly got a spraying with Pure Sunshine Dylusions and I also gathered some papers, scrim and a stamped sentiment.


Once these were stuck down the final thing was to pull it all together - white acrylic paint on the edge of a credit card and more white paint and Vermillion ink using bottle tops.  This has a most unifying effect and is a great tip learnt from Kate Crane.


And that is it!  I hope my journal page has "brightened" your day.

Jennie x





9 comments:

  1. I love this page so colourful and vibrant x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jus tone word ...... GORGEOUS!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the layers textures and elements of interest you have added , a real taste of summer x hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages are just stunning Jennie. The colours are so vibrant just like a beautiful sunrise. I love how you have brought it all together. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pages Jennie, great LO and layering of all those different elements, totally love how you put it together and those colours really are wonderful and warming, just what I need on yet another grey and drizzly day....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jennie, it certainly brightened up my day. Thanks so much for taking us through the steps - I am terrified of using inks like this but what fabulous results you got! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours you have chosen are stunning together Jennie, I just love your beautiful pages. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful sunrise! Thank you for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thrilling colours, textures and composition combined to make a wonderful page spread - love this, Jennie!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete