Friday 28 February 2014

Into every life.....

.....a little rain must fall. I love this quote stamp by Sheena Douglass and thought it would go perfectly with the Tim Holtz Umbrella Man die.


Started out by cutting myself a tag, didn't have a large enough tag die for what I wanted so hand cut this one. Then using cut 'n' dry I applied Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers, Dusty Concord and a little Faded Jeans Distress ink.  Made sure there was a reasonable amount of ink on the tag and then spritzed it well with water. Then I dried it off and sprayed a little Perfect Pearls Mist in turquoise onto my craft sheet and with a bit of sponge, dabbed it randomly over the surface.......gives a lovely mottled and shimmery background.


I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of blue card and then lightly edged it with Black Soot distress ink. I cut the man out of a piece of black card and then simply assembled the tag gluing everything into place. The little leaves that I added at the end I found hanging about in the bottom of my box, sorry but can't remember which die I used! To finish off I added some 'raindrops' using Glossy Accents.

Donna xx



3 comments:

  1. A fabulous background and the quote and umbrella man go together perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Tag and background I always have a soft spot for umbrella man!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete