Saturday 24 October 2015

Poof Boom Bang!

For my posts this month I'm featuring these fabulous Tim Holtz stamps:
Earlier this month I made a tag for my friend. This month I made a bookmark for my son that could easily be turned into a card!
I started by adding blue and green Distress Inks to the tag with an applicator. I then misted with a little water because I love the mottled finish that gives!
Next I rubbed some brown Distress Ink on my craft mat, spritzed it with water and then swished the tag through it. I didn't want a lot of brown on the tag but didn't mind it being concentrated in areas as most of it would be covered up!
I then played with the stamps to see how they would fit onto the tag, moving them about until I was happy. There are a few combinations to choose from so it took a while!
Then I stamped the first two stamps directly onto the tag because I wanted the puffs of smoke to be in the background of the image. I then stamped out the images onto cream card ensuring, when I cut it out, that I left room for the puffs of smoke. I coloured in the images with Distress Markers and added a little brown Distress Ink at the edges. As a final touch I added a little more brown Distress ink to the edges of the tag and drew a couple of lines as a border.
Thank you as always for popping by. If you like this stamp set and you'd like to see one more project there is a bonus project on my blog - feel free to pop over and see! 
Gabrielle x

3 comments: