Thursday 12 November 2015

Noel

Good morning everyone, Jennie here for my first share of the month. 


Regular followers will know that I am a great fan of 4x4 cards, so here is a little bit of inspiration for your Christmas box given that Christmas is winging its way nearer and nearer.


I started by applying Texture Paste through the Holiday Knits Layering Stencil. One of the reasons I love 4 x 4 cards is that these layering stencil's are just under 4" wide - perfect !



While the paste was drying I die cut the snowflakes in white card and gave them a coating of Picket Fence Distress Paint and gave them a blast with the heat gun. Try and get little bits of paint to puff up for some texture. When completely dry I added  Alcohol Ink - straight from the bottle! Don't bother about getting a full covering - see the next step!


When the alcohol ink had dried I blended Gathered Twigs Distress Ink into the areas which hadn't taken the ink. A great effect and so quick and easy to do. I use this technique a lot and really came by it by chance when I was trying to get some texture and colour onto the snowflakes last Christmas.



Then it is just a case of layering the snowflake on your card. I die cut a Christmas sentiment and gave it the same treatment as the snowflake - a little more difficult as it moves around a bit!


A relatively simple little card which is easily made as a batch but really looks as though it took ages to make !!

Catch me later in the month when I'll have another 4 x 4 card to share with you.

Jennie x





6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jennie, the effect of the alcohol inks on the flakes and sentiment looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for describing your technique with the alcohol ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for describing your technique with the alcohol ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this white on white! And then the rusty aqua - AWESOME combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an effective inking technique to get that wonderful weathered look on the snowflake, and the white on white texture is fabulous. Lovely work, Jennie.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete