Thursday 24 December 2015

Merry Christmas One and All


Hello Everyone ! 

Jennie here today to wish you all a very happy Christmas Eve 
and to share the last Christmas project of the year.


Tim Holtz introduced us to a fabulous linen look technique in his November tag and I have to say I absolutely love it and can't stop using it as it is such a fabulous background for so many stamps. Click the link  HERE to go to Tim's blog and details of the technique.


I have used Antique Linen for the background over a base of Picket Fence Distress Pain. I have used a little bending as well as the Wrinkle Free Technique. I have blended some Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges and done a little stamping with Gathered Twigs.


I use this Poinsettia stamp and die throughout the year for birthday cards, but thought I ought to give it a Christmas outing. I have stamped the bouquet with Festive Berries Distress Ink and added a little Aged Mahogany around the edges. I love how the die cuts everything out so beautifully. I layered the large cut out on my card with foam dots and then cut the smaller flower on its own and layered this also with foam dots. 


And there you have it! A vintage style Christmas card which could easily 
be adapted to a birthday card.

And so to Christmas ……...

On behalf of all of us here at Country View Crafts Project Blog 
may I wish you all a very happy and peaceful Christmas.

Jennie x





4 comments:

  1. Utterly gorgeous use of Tim's background inspiration - and the finished card is fabulous.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have used the technique beautifully Jennie, your card is gorgeous! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have given me a strong urge to get this stamp. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, and I do love that technique. I use it over and over again, although I don't have that linen stamp. Now it looks like I'll have both of these on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete