Thursday 10 December 2015

Peace On Earth

Hello Everyone! Jennie here today with the first of my projects for this month.

I am sharing a 3" x 6" Christmas card (I think this might become my favourite size!) using some of Tim Holtz's latest products and techniques and some old favourites too.


I started with a piece of white cardstock and used Tim's technique for his November tag. You can get all the details here. Whilst I used Picket Fence Distress Paint to create the resist I used Old Paper Distress Ink using the Wrinkle Free Technique rather than the Distress Sprays he uses.  I absolutely love this technique and stamp and you may get a little fed up with seeing it !!!!


Whilst this was drying I used the Tattered Florals Punch to create my base petals and sprayed them all with Dylusions Postbox Red Ink Spray. 


They got the usual scrunched up treatment and then I made the  roses. Click the link HERE if you want to see the tutorial on my blog for making these vintage style roses.


Holly leaves were next: I cut one set from the Holiday Greens die and sprayed them with Peeled Paint Distress Spray Stain. I love the way the paint dries in such a mottled way. 


Then it was time to put it all together:  matting my linen style backing sheet onto some dark green cardstock and creating a little cluster of the flowers and leaves with some scrim and pearl trim.


Finally I added a sentiment and some pearls.

This really is a cute little card and the Tattered Florals Punch creates a smaller flower which fits these smaller scale projects perfectly. 

Thank you for joining me today and whatever you are doing I hope you are managing a little crafting as well.

Jennie x




3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card Jennie and the background is really stunning! The flower cluster and other touches finish it off so beautifully and I totally agree with the card size, it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous subtle background which really lets those fabulous flowers shine.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is stunning - i adore it jennie x

    ReplyDelete