Today I am revisiting a project I did last year - creating my star plaques - I make quite a few of these for our pop up craft shop and the occasionally craft fair. This time I thought I would do a bright version. (You can see the original version here).
I took 2 plaques (6x3") and randomly added distress paints. I start with a brush but end up applying with my finger!
Once dry I wanted to crackle them - so added some Deco Art Weathered wood. A thin layer - using a credit card.
Normally at this stage - once dry - you quickly add the top layer of paint. Not quite sure what went wrong this time but when I added my top layer the crackles were not forming as I wished so wiped most of it away - resulting in two differing results. I quite like them - you can still the crackles - one very subtle - the other more like peeling paint.
My stars are created with greyboard - as thick as the bigz die will take! Again I created random colours on the board - using distress paints - but this time with a little marbling and drying between colours.
Once dry I cut my stars using the Big Shot.
My words this time were computer generated, but I often use chit chat stickers. I also added some glitter to one of the plaques this time.
I glue them on and then add glossy accents. When dry I adhere to the plaque with glossy accents. I add stickles around the edges.
The seam binding was coloured with distress stains.