Wednesday 20 July 2016

Voyage

Hello Everyone, Jennie here today, and thank you for joining me for my second post this month.


My husband has his birthday while we are sailing our yacht around the West Coast of Scotland so I decided to make sea faring card for him using as many of my nautical stamps and dies!


I started with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and my favourite Harlequinn layering stencil to add some colour to the base card.


Then added some stamping.


Vintage Photo Distress Ink was blended around the edges and I decided to add the pens to create a dominant feature in the bottom left hand corner.


I cut my globe die in white cardstock and then (carefully!) added Vintage Photo Distress Ink and spritzed it to give a vintage look before overstamping with a text stamp in the same ink.


The blueprint anchor always cuts out very well. After blending Vintage Photo  around the edges and spritzing with some water I used clear embossing powder to give it a bit of a shine!


All my elements were then layered onto the inked and stamped base card and the two quotes added.


A suitable nautical card for my husband!

Thank you for joining me today.

Jennie x






8 comments:

  1. Great background stamping, and I love your globe and anchor in gorgeous neutrals.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning effects with the stamps and globe die, beautifully designed Jennie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card - hope you are getting fair winds for your sailing holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous themed card for Terry x I am sure he will love all the wonderful details Jennie x hope you are enjoying your voyage and the weather is being kind

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning design Jennie, love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card Jennie and happy birthday to your hubby! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and happy bday to your Hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful design on this Jennie - love how you have placed each piece - lovely stampings and layering of die cuts! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete