Wednesday 6 July 2016

Splotching!


Hello! and thank your joining me today for my first post this month where I am sharing some messy backgrounds which I used to make some handy notecards.


I started with some ATC sized pieces of glossy card and literally splotched my Distress Stains here there and everywhere! The colours were: Abandoned Coral, Wild Honey and Blueprint Sketch. It wasn't quite the effect I was hoping to achieve but I thought I would keep going with it!


I felt the circles needed highlighting so used Picket Fence Distress Paint and the lid of a spray bottle. The paint took a little while to dry on the glossy card but it was worth waiting!


I added some text with Black Archival Ink. I didn't put my stamp on a block but just rolled it here and there to get a random look. (My apologies for the photograph - glossy cardstock is not easy to photograph!)


I didn't want to hide the background so added a little tissue tape and a quote before glueing the ATC to the front of a 3.5 x 5 inch white card base.



A handy little set of notecards which would also make a nice present.

Thank you for joining me today and I hope you have a go at this technique! It was great fun.

Jennie x






3 comments: