Friday 24 March 2017

Tim Holtz inspired background card #1

You may have seen my posts for the present Country View Challenge - Inspired by Tim Holtz - both on the challenge blog and at Bumblebees and Butterflies. So for my shop projects this month I thought I would use a couple of those inky backgrounds just as they are and make a couple of cards. here's the first with that drippy, speckled background and some feminine shabby flowers.


I used Tim's sizzix Bigz tattered florals and his new Thinlits small tattered florals to get the flower pieces which I cut in crinoline. I spritzed them with water and dabbed on both picket fence and victorian velvet distress paints, scrunched them up and dried them .....


.... before putting them together with pretty brads.


Next I collected the pieces I wanted for my layout .....


 .... and eh voila the card came together (but without the string bow - it just didn't look right with it on).


The oval plaque was a chipboard covered with some paper from my bits box.


The Tim Holtz strip die borders helped pull it altogether.


Although I wasn't sure about the mix of the more industrial looking background with pretty embellishments, I'm really happy with the outcome.


The greeting is one I made on the pc and printed out.


If you are having fun with the oxide please let us know and enter the challenge with them.

hugs Brenda xxx


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Brenda! Perfect for Mother's Day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and absolutely perfect for Mother's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning MD card Brenda x love the details of your tattered florals. Have a lovely weekend

    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 'bit box' paper matches your gorgeous Oxide background perfectly! I love your crinoline flowers too. Such a perfect Mother's Day card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab oxide background for the gorgeous flowers - fabulous card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! I think this is just a stunner Brenda!
    Beautiful indeed!
    hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete