Tuesday 28 March 2017

Tim Holtz inspired background card #2

Welcome and I hope you have been having fun playing with Tim's new Distress Oxides. This is the second card I made after the playtime I had with them a few weeks ago which you can see here and here and if you missed the first, more feminine card, you will find it here.


This is what the background looked like and I love the rusty patina colours in it.


I gathered the collage elements together with a similar colour palette using Tim Holtz ephemera packs and papers.


And I made my own little cabinet card type frame using a round die and using tarnished brass distress paint on the edge of an old credit type card and stamped the stars with the broken china oxide ink.


The guy is from Tim's photo booth set.


I layered up the collage elements ......


.... keeping it all flat so that the card can go in the post easily.


I think that little bird adds extra interest and would hopefully be great for a dad who has interest in birds in the wild.


 The greeting is one I made myself - I tend to print out an A4 sheet of various ones so I can pick and use one fairly quickly. I just don't own many words stamps and sometimes they're just not the right size.


Thanks for stopping bby this month, I hope you have enjoyed seeing how I used the Distress Oxides.

hugs Brenda xxx

Bumblebees and Butterflies



8 comments:

  1. Such a cool Father's day card Brenda, I love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Brenda and I love that you made your own cabinet card.....genius idea xx

    Tfs and huge hugs
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally LOVE your collage style Brenda, this card is wonderful, from the beautiful Oxide background to your placement of the elements - the cabinet card frame is brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great masculine card, Brenda! Your oxide background is amazing and it really looks rusty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous collage and great background!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Brenda, always love your collage style.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Brenda and I love that background. Must get some of these oxide ink pads when I go to Ally Pally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Brenda!
    I so wish my Dad were here to make him such a card- I know he would love and appreciate the beauty of yours!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete