Sunday 16 April 2017

Hippity Hoppity

So Trace here today with some Easter cards that I have created using lots of yummy distress oxides and lots of other goodies..


I started by applying some matte texture paste through Tim Stencil, no 034 and leaving to dry. I applied at top and bottom of piece of card to fit card front in opposite corners...I love the crisp design it creates .


So I will carry on with all the details for the orange card and all the steps are the same for the greeny toned card and the tags  - yes I made matching tags too...


I started by smooshing some distress oxides onto my craft sheet and spritizing with water..( here I used worn lipstick,fozzilised amber and spiced marmalade ditress oxides )


I swiped my card through and dried, spritizng with a little water and repeated this dipping and dabbing and drying between each layer, spritzing a bit more water until happy...I just love how the colours layer and the effect of water is something special!



I used the left over oxides to dye some seam binding, spritzing, dipping in left over colour and scrunching in a ball, leaving overnight to dry as I like the crinkle you get but you can gently heat dry if you're in a rush.


For the green colours I used peeled paint, fossilized amber and a smidge of cracked pistachio distress oxides.


Mr Bunny was cut from a movers and shapers Tim Holtz die and covered with a layer of grit paste which I dabbed my palette knife into to create texture...once dry he was coloured with ink and distress crayons and his little bow added.


The flowers were cut from a piece of card already coloured with the same technique using the distress oxides as for the card from without texture paste ...I then used the new Tim Holtz thinlits - small tattered florals die cut lots of flowers and leaves that were edged with brown distress ink.


I added some distress ink in brown to the edges of the card having added coloured panel to card front, I used ground espresso distress ink.


To completed the card I added a stitched oval piece, also coloured in same way, Mr Bunny, the hand dyed seam binding and the flowers and leaves with potting soil enamel accents for centres and finally a stamped greeting using black soot archival and Tim Holtz crazy talk stamps..


and here is the completed green tones one...


I also made some matching tags , minus the paste in the same way ...



And people are always asking how I use my tags ...so here is how...this was part of an Easter gift for my Mum and Dad...and I think the tag looks so much nicer than a bottle bag...


so there you have my Easter makes
Have a Happy Easter

trace x

6 comments:

  1. Your cards and tags are simply gorgeous Trace..... delicate and soft looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so pretty. Thank you for sharing your steps. I just got my hands on the distress inks, but because I am traveling, it will be 2-3 weeks before I can plant with them. 👔🐇🐇🐇

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards and tags! Thanks for the step by step!

    ReplyDelete