Monday 24 April 2017

More oxides and butterflies

Hi it's Brenda here with you today.

I so love playing with the oxide and butterflies together I have another design for you today.


 I found some pieces in my bits box that I was really happy with when I did them and I'm still happy with them now and rather than let them just sit there I decided to retrieve them and make a couple of cards. I thought these infusions and stencil backgrounds would make the perfect backdrop.


Whether it's because of Spring I don't know but I seem to have butterflies on my mind and I took one of Tim's stamps and his oxides and using peeled paint, broken china and walnut stain I stamped two mixed colour butterflies and before I knew it I had spritzed one with water - I just wanted to see what it would do .......


....... my brain was working overtime so I quickly heat dried the watery mess and re-stamped the butterfly again over the top and look what happened once I had cut them both out  ........  one beautiful crisp and multi coloured butterfly and one beautifully smudged looking one - I don't think I can choose between them so I'm pretty glad I had enough backgrounds to make two cards.


I continued on with some more edge inking and sentiment gathering until I was happy to assemble the cards together.



I kept it fairly simple even though I sat for ages trying to add other embellishments and stamps that I knew would clutter the design and spoil it.



Thanks for stopping by today.

hugs Brenda


15 comments:

  1. Really an amazing background and even more amazing are the cards you created with it!
    Wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Brenda, don't know which butterfly I like best either.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards!!! Restamping the watery butterfly was a brilliant idea because that butterfly looks wonderful! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I also do not know which butterfly I like best either. Thank you for sharing these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning! I wish I could do Infusions backgrounds like this, but mine never turn out this way, just super dotty and dark. I just love these two designs. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to use up those beautiful backgrounds Brenda, the butterflies are a stunning addition. I think the over-stamped one looks amazing, a technique I must try out! As always, thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome Brenda. I really need to get mine out to play!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, both are stunning and I also just LOVE those backgrounds. Both butterflies look amazing, but I think I slightly prefer the smudgy one actually and I also love that you left the cards simple, - they are so effective like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful backgrounds! The oxide effects on the two butterflies look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL!!!! These cards make me want to go into the Closet and just ink every single butterfly I have! Love these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh Brenda! These cards are outstanding! I absolutely love that you used both butterflies as they are equally beautiful! Fab work with your color palette!!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am constantly in awe of your creativity x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both beautiful cards Brenda....what amazing effects you achieved. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete