Friday 28 April 2017

Round wooden box with Tim's butterflies - Flutter

Hello everybody, it's Monika here with two wooden boxes.

When my hubby saw one of these boxes - the blue one - he suddenly told me this:
"Now, this is beautiful!"
It was a really big compliment from him because mostly he just says 'hmmm' and sometimes he nods in addition when he takes a look at my creations :-)

Unfortunately when I was making the blue box I forgot to take pictures. But don't worry I made another one, a more feminine version of the original and this time I clicked a few times.


Well, here is the blue box:












I used poplar boxes. The blue is 14 cm, the pink is 16 cm in diameter.

I painted white the top with DecoArt Americana White Wash acrylic paint. I put at least two layers.
After drying I sanded with a very soft sanding paper to get a smooth surface for the easier stamping. So, I started to stamp the butterflies with Ranger Distress ink (Old Paper) and melted Ranger Gold embossing powder. (For the blue one I used silver embossing powder.)






The next step was to smear pink dye ink onto the top. For the pink I used Ranger Archival ink (Peony Pink) for the blue one Tsukineko Memento Sky Blue and Ranger Cobalt blue.





Then I coloured yellow the butterflies with Ranger Distress marker. For the blue one I smeared yellow dye ink all over the top. And actually I achieved the same effect with the pink box too because the Distress ink blotted when I applied the matte varnish in the end. And that was my goal.





I sanded the edges and inked with Ranger Archival Potting Soil.





I painted the bottom of the pink with Razzle Berry and I put Uniform Blue for the blue one.


Now let's see what I used:

DecoArt Americana acrylic paints (White Wash, Razzle Berry, Uniform Blue)
Ranger Archival inks (Potting Soil, Peony Pink, Cobalt)
Tsukineko Memento inks (Summer Sky, Dandelion)
Ranger embossing powders (Gold, Silver)
Ranger Distress inks (Old Paper, Iced Spruce)
Ranger Heat It craft tool
sanding paper
matte varnish









I hope you like it!

By the way, which one do you prefer?

Big hugs, Monika



1 comment:

  1. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Blue Pottery Round Box

    ReplyDelete