Saturday 8 November 2014

Believe

It's November so I can officially start being excited about Christmas! I LOVE Christmas - I love spending time with my family, eating different foods, snuggling up on the sofa and watching the same films we watched last year... I could go on! I'm not so keen on the crush in shops when shopping for presents or the bun fight in the supermarket over the last net of sprouts..!!! For my projects this month I've used Iced Spruce Distress Ink as a base for a tag but tried to create different finishes. This tag uses rather delicious Lynne Perrella stamps.
Start by covering a tag (or card base!) with Iced Spruce Distress Ink - I will add it slightly darker in some areas then others to give the background a little more interest.
Spray water lightly through a mask and leave to dry. I leave it to dry rather than dry it with a heat gun as the water 'bleaches' the ink more noticeably.
This is the tag with the bleached snowflakes. I added Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to the edges - these colours work beautifully together.
I then stamped the lady on to the tag and again on to some tissue paper. I painted the reverse of the tissue paper and only used blue, white and yellow. When dry, stuck it to some plain card and cut it out. As I have stamped the image onto the tag the fabulous foliage at her back doesn't need to be cut out saving at lot of delicate work! Before I added the lady to the tag I thought the snowflakes were a little too pale so I used Iced Spruce Distress Ink and a Tim Holtz snowflake stamp and added snowflake randomly.
All that was left was to add the sentiment (again, stamped on tissue paper and painted). This really didn't take too long to make so if you wanted to make a few as Christmas cards then I am sure the recipients would be very grateful!



3 comments:

  1. you can have my bag of sprouts, as I hate them.... Love your tag, though, your LP lady looks gorgeous. May have to re-visit the LP Christmas stamps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, Gabrielle! That LP lady is so beautiful. I love your bleaching technique with the snowflakes! I always put it off but I do enjoy crafting for Christmas, and the bits of Christmas you can't buy in the shops like being cosy and having fun with the family, And I actually like sprouts - and roast potatoes - yum! I'm definitely getting in the mood for Christmas now! Thank you for the inspiration, even though there isn't a single sprout or roast spud on your tag, of course! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Gabrielle. I love your idea for not cutting the foliage out. I am really tempted to get this set now I've seen this. My mum has started giving me sprouts already!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete