Saturday 22 November 2014

Santa Baubles


For my projects this month I have been using Iced Spruce Distress Ink as the background for my Christmas themed tags. I used some rather gorgeous Lynne Perrella stamps earlier this month, and this time I am using Hot Picks stamps from PaperArtsy.
I started by covering a tag with Iced Spruce Distress Ink and then lightly sprayed it with water to create a little interest.
Then I stamped a bauble randomly in the background and added Gathered Twigs Distress Ink at the edges. I stamped the 'Merry Christmas' along the top to hang my Santa baubles off.
I stamped three Santa heads on tissue paper and painted the reverse. When dry I glued them to some plain card and cut them out. The colours I used are pretty simple, red and white with a little dot of blue on each eye.
The 'Merry Christmas' had a little colour added by Distress Markers. Then I drew a border round the tag and strings for the baubles. I hope you have felt inspired to have a go yourself... I'm off to see what else I can turn into baubles so perhaps watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Tag! Must get the Iced Spruce DI it is a lovely colour. Love the Santa heads stamped onto tissue paper, they look amazing:--) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Santa... he makes great baubles... and you do realise I now have 'Santa Baby' playing on a loop in my head? Thanks.... Love the tag.

    ReplyDelete