Thursday 18 August 2016

Let's splatter some paint!


I do love paint and I do love making a mess! Today's cards were inspired by Brenda Brown - from Bumblebees and Butterflies - I spent some time with her recently doing some art journaling and she has this great technique of using an acrylic block to apply paint. I thought I would make some cards using this approach.
1. Add a little background stamping and clear emboss
2. Take some paint and add a little water - apply to an acrylic block
3. Turn over and add to the card
4. Repeat as desired
5. Add more colours - either drying in between or allowing a little marbling
6. Use a small brush and watery wash of paint to create splatters
7. Repeat with other colours
8. Take some embellishments - spritz with a little water and add paint
9. Add more colour as desired


I made three in total - adding Tim Holtz hash tags. You can see the cat version closer up on my blog.
Nikki 


2 comments:

  1. These are just GORGEOUS Nikki - I loved watching your progress. WONDERFUL cards - and FUN creativity! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun technique, great cards Nikki! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete