Wednesday, 2 August 2017

haunting melodies

Well it has been a while but Trace here with a Tim Holtz filled tag ... my make for today is a Halloween inspired tag using lots of the new Tim holtz goodies.

So here is my make :


I started by embossing the tag using one of the new folders damask skulls


I then added some colour using distress oxides in wilted violet and spiced marmalade, I flicked water over, re-applied colour and then added more water.


the colour highlights the texture brilliantly and shows how wonderful the texture is ..


To highlight the texture some more I applied some distress crayon in black soot and also
 edged the tag with distress soot crayon


I then die cut the tag using three of the claw marks from the new Tim Holtz Halloween dies and then layered the tag over a black inked tag, I added lots of mini attacher staples and I also splattered some distress paint in black soot.


here are the details of the staples..
and sanded away some of the texture



whilst waiting for the new paper dolls I cut out these figures from a found relatives card and sanded so that they took on a more ghostly appearance



I added some film strip pieces


I also added a token at the bottom part - I also added the new die cut cobweb


I completed the top of the tag with dyed seam binding




here is the complete tag :



and here it is with a few twinkly lights :


so that's all for today..

hope to see you soon 

Trace x

11 comments:

  1. This is amazing! That background is gorgeous and I love what you did to the paper dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing art piece.... Awesome details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creepy COOL! I love the colors and those claw marks are Fab!! Love how you distressed the peoples as well!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - the claw marks are fab !

      Delete
  4. Narly tag. I really like it. Thanks for sharing. Halloween is my fav holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I love Halloween makes too x

      Delete