I applied some distress stains to my craft sheet and lightly misted them...
I then misted some card slightly bigger than the card front and misted with water before swiping through the stains on the sheet.
( I did more than one and opted to use the brighter one ..but sorry cant find picture :( )
Once done I heat dried using heat tool, I then spritzed with water using new distress spritzer and left for few seconds for water to react with stain before heat drying. When dry I glued to card front, trimmed and edged with walnut stain distress ink.
Here are the details ...I applied some barn door distress ink in random places through harlequin stencil.
I then inked up sentiment from handrwitten sentiment set and stamped in top right of card.
To embellish the card I stamped the elephant from the framelit set.. and then die cut using the coordinating die from the set..the metal platform makes this so easy , no need for tape as the platform holds the die in place ! perfect!
I scribbled some colours of ditress marker onto my craft sheet and applied to image using my water brush, heat dried and then edged with walnut stain distress ink. To complete I added some glossy accents to highlight some areas and sprinkled with rock candy distress glitter and left to dry.
To complete I added some seam binding dyed with abandoned coral distress stain, scrunched and left to dry overnight and then slipped inside card and tied on front to form a bow .
Now for the gift box ....
I die cut the box using 220gsm card , using the sizzix pillow box die from Tim Holtz...I then embossed it using an embossing folder....the trick is to emboss half of the box, turn and then place back inside the folder and emboss the other half...this works better with a patteren where there is no top/bottom , as it then matches eassily .
I then spritzed with water...ready for dipping and swiping...
I applied some swooshes of stains onto my craft sheet...
I then swiped and re swiped the die cut through and re misted , allowing the colours to ru....If you want the colours to stay disinct it will be better to apply stain in patches and not re swipe the card.
I then heat dried and inked the edges with walnut stain distress ink... I added the lion from the same framelit set, cutting as for the elephant , using coordinating die...
I coloured using distress markers and dried, then edged with walnut stain distress ink.
To complete I added the lion to the front of the gift box, fixed the box together and added a chit chat sticker edged with walnut stain distress ink.
here is the back, which I left plain...
I tied a bow, again using dyed seam binding around the bottom of the box and tied to form a bow on the front.
So hope you liked my second make for this month ...and I will see you later in the month for another very different make .x
keep those fingers inky
and those hearts full x