Tuesday 28 July 2015

Saying thanks ...

Well trace here and it is my turn over at Country View Crafts again today - and today is a simple card ...made in a variety of colours ...using one of the new blueprints... these cards were made to say you to my children's teachers but could easily be used for all sorts of occasions by changing the sentiment ..


I started by apply some texture paste through on of Tim Holtz stencil, this one was typo.. I ten to apply in three places , two on one side and one on the other . I then left this to dry.


I then spritzed the surface with water and spritzed with a variety if distress stains. I then set aside to dry . I made 10 of these cards in total in a variety of colours ..and they are quite quick to make a batch of ..making a quick but effective background for all sorts of images.


Now I used the new distress sprayer to add a more mottled feel by squeezing the trigger fully in / or part way creates varied sized droplets of water. leave these to sit on the inky card for a few seconds and then heat dry. larger droplets can be dabbed off if required .


here is one of the other colours I made using soft blue and antique linen.. I then added the background to the card and trimmed to size..


Now edge using walnut stain distress ink, which really brings the background together ...using a blending tool


I stamped the book image and added colour by scribbling distress markers onto my craft sheet and then applying to the image using my water brush.. I then heat dried and edeged the image with walnut stain distress ink.



Finaly spritzing with water as we did with the background and heat drying.


To complete the card I added some dyed seam binding tied in a bow and thank you hashtag sentiment, stamped in jet black archival




I love the scrumpled look of the seam binding...


And I seem to love each and every set of blueprints..versatile for all sorts of colours ...


And the texture paste through the stencil adds some texture to the background, whilst still making it a fairly simple make ..


And here are some of the other colours, chosen by my 3 children for their various teachers ..


so hope you like my makes for today ..

keep those fingers inky!
trace x 




10 comments:

  1. I bet the kids teachers loved these Trace. Thank You for sharing the step by step on your beautiful cards.

    Best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous set of cards Trace, really wonderful use of distress sprays xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look amazing Trace and I bet they really were appreciated! Big huggles rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards Trace, your children's teachers will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Love the Distress Stain on these. And using the coordinating colors on the blue print stamps is awesome. The addition of the seam binding is perfect. What a great thank you to teachers. They so deserve it :) Hugs -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done! I love the combination of the typo stencil and the blueprint books. Your color combinations are gorgeous especially the soft blue and antique linen. Antique linen is my very favorite spray! Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful cards Trace, the teachers will absolutely love these I am sure! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky teachers, Trace!! They are going to LOVE their cards!! You get the apple, I'd say!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous set of cards, sure the teachers will appreciate these

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards Trace, I wish I'd had one like this when I was in the classroom xxxx

    ReplyDelete