Monday 6 July 2015

Butterfly dreams

Well its Trace here and for my first offering this month I have a simple card using the motif paper stack. The motif paper stack is gorgeous and makes wonderful backgrounds ... 
So here is my first make for this month :




I started by cutting a piece of the paper stack , this piece comes from the 12 x 12 sheet that has 4 designs on it and is perfect for making cards . I inked up two corners and the opposite side using stormy sky distress ink, applied using cut n dry foam, or a mini blending tool would be great too.


I love how the design pops and the great thing is can heat again and again and unlike if you had clear embossed the design this doesn't melt allowing you to add inks and water to your hearts content!



I then added faded jeans to the un-inked areas blending the colours .x


I love how the motif resist design pos when the colour is added.

 

I then spritzed with water using the new distress spritzer which has two spritz settings allowing for either a soft mist , or by pressing trigger half way you get a random water effect (similar to flick and spritz)


I then heat dried, then I spritzed random areas with antique linen distress spray stain and heat dried again.


I loved this look, to me it almost looks like fabric?




To finish the card I added this panel to the card front and inked the edges with walnut stain distress ink. 
I added a piece of seam binding dyed with broken china distress ink , ( I scrunched this into a ball and left to dry overnight to get the more crinkled effect).

I stamped the butterfly from the framelit set which comes with a coordinating die , so after stamping the butterfly can be cut around avoiding any fiddly cutting out.. I coloured the butterfly with distress markers and then inked the edges with walnut stain distress ink.

I added some glossy accents to highlight some of wings and sprinkled with rock candy distress glitter.


To finish I added a rub on and also hand stamped the greeting suing Tim Holtz handwritten sentiments set, in jet black archival and cut , scuffed the edges and inked with stormy sky and walnut stain distress ink, adding to the bottom of the card.



I do hope that you have been inspired to have a play with the motif paper stash and I will see you in a couple of days for my second make this month.x

trace x


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Trace . Love those papers n how the resist is revealed when inked. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous - I adore all this - big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Trace, it does look like fabric! Beautiful colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous Trace. Love that background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Trace, got to get some of the motif paper stack, it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning background - what a beautiful card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete