Saturday 18 July 2015

Don't forget to fly

Hi everyone, it's Brenda here. I love using the photo booth pictures and this beautiful lady made me immediately think of Amelia Earheart, I think mainly because of the leather jacket she seems to be wearing - perfect for those  daring adventures during the pioneering days of flight.


I am using the DecoArt media range today and particularly these gorgeous fluid acrylics. They are highly pigmented and formulated to deliver professional artist performance at all skill levels and at an affordable price. Fluid Acrylics are flexible, intermixable, durable, and permanent.


I began by covering the tag with media gesso and then when dry added some small spots of paint on my craft mat and took the Tim Holtz chevron stencil and a small piece of blending foam.


I already had an idea for a layout so I kept my design in two places only.


I could see I needed a pop of colour so using a splatter stamp and cadmium orange hue stamped some small random areas.


Next some strips of tissue tape ...


.... and bring in some watery colour for the background, I use a babywipe to apply it.


Add texture with some patterned and text stamps using black archival ink.


Add somne more to the design if needed, including remnant rubs and splatter with walnut stain distress ink.


Finish by adding the focal photo and embellishments to complete the tag.


Lots of Idea-Ology and the fabulous new punches from Tim Holtz.




Thanks for stopping by .....


.... I hope you are inspired to fly with your art this weekend.

hugs Brenda xxx



10 comments:

  1. Soooo gorgeous Brenda! You have a gift for creating amazing backgrounds for your focal images. This tag is no exception. I love the highly pigmented paints from Deco Art through Tim's stencils. WOW! And that little splatter of Walnut Stain. Just the right touch. Love this tag! Pinned :) -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Brenda, your background is perfectly embellished to allow that great photobooth picture have center stage and love the colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab tag Brenda and great use of those wonderful media paints, the background looks super and I love the way you embellished it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created the most wonderful background here Brenda and the layout details are just amazing. Love It !!!!

    TFS and hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore the background Brenda - the colours are so subtle and such fabulous stamping and layers. Love it! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love this tag so much!! it would make a great journal page!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous tag - I loved seeing the layers build up - brilliant, Brenda!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this tag, Brenda!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely tag you created. Thank you for sharing the step-by-step tutorial. Nice to see how you created this pretty art..
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really fabulous Tag! Brenda Loved seeing how the background came together - inspirational . x

    ReplyDelete