Monday 8 September 2014

Shine brightly

Well its Trace here and I have gone all festive as I prepare for impending craft fairs my thoughts have gone all festive so for today's make I have created a lantern using one of Tim Holtz dies from last year that I never had a play with. So here goes :

here it is , shimmering and frosty in the sunlight


And here it is complete with glow from the tiny battery operated tea light .


I have tried to create a frosty feel and here are the details of how I put this together. I started by cutting all the pieces from a kraft card . For the inside panels I used the new frosty sheets from Tim Holtz . ( The box that comes with the die has great instructions for assembling this inside...which tells you where to add tape etc .)


When you cut out the die it cuts out the window shapes and I used on of the as a template to trim my frosty sheets for the four windows.


I then assembled the lantern gluing and folding as per the instructions in the box... (This did teach me I am a messy and less than patient crafter! )


I then added drips of glossy accents and sprinkled with rock candy distress glitter to create some frosty effects. i left to dry until the glossy accents was completely dry.


Then for an extra frosty feel I added some spritzed picket fence distress marker.



Hopefully the photo shows this ...


Next to decorate I used festive strip die and die cut some holly leaves, berries and foliage using kraft core cardstock, which has a great texture to it too. Then to give a frosty. snowy feel I added some picket fence paint dabber to my craft sheet, dipped a mini blending tool in it and gently dabbed over the die cut pieces.



Here they are glued into place and hopefully the frosty effect can be seen...but for once the sun was shining!

And here it is all aglow...love the shadows that are cast and how it lights up the roof of the lantern...

  And here in semi darkness...

Well I have plenty more ideas for these with vintage themes and some Halloween ones seem to be calling!


keep those fingers inky!
see you later in the month x
trace x

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous frosty effects and a wonderful project. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Trace, love your frosty lantern, it looks great both in the light and in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looks fantastic Trace,-LOVE all the frosty look, and shine !!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Frosty Flames from your lantern Trace, it looks amazing :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely winter feel to this Trace! Those battery operated tea lights are a wonderful invention for things like this!!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! love this work!!! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't these great fun to make?! Love this version Trace. It looks like that wonderful sugar frosting over it. Yummy! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete