Tuesday 28 October 2014

An invite to Halloween

I must confess to not being a huge fan of Halloween. The children, needless to say, love it! This year, one child is off to a party but the other is inviting a few friends round to go trick or treating with and they need invites! This is what I came up with!
I took a tag and covered it in Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. The colour is just wonderful! Then I used the Shatter stencil and covered my gorgeous orange with Black Soot Distress Ink. Then I sprayed it lightly with water to ensure that the image was a little more 'spooky'! I then used a Wendy Vecchi stamp several times to add a border round the cobweb image. If you don't have this stamp then you can use Tim Holtz' label letters.
I love making people from stamps and I used a few favourite Lynne Perella stamps here. I stamped the images on to tissue paper and then glued it to card, but you don't need to do that as I used Dylusions spray ink in a water pen to colour the stamped image rather than paint and the colour will sit on top of the stamped image (rather than behind it like I usually do).
The skull and sign are from a PaperArtsy mini (77) and I added a wiggly pavement and post for the sign from a JoFy stamp set. Now all that's left for me to do is to make a few more!
Hope you enjoy Halloween this year!


2 comments:

  1. I love the colour on your Halloween invite - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colours - love the pop of green!

    ReplyDelete