Monday 20 October 2014

Tu-whit, Tu-whoo-oo-oooooooo!

Hi everyone!  Yes, the weather has changed and focused us, quite definitely, on the autumn season of Halloween, Harvest festival and Bonfire Night. I love crafting for Halloween so I'm in my element and getting in as much as I can. Here is a card using quite a hotch-potch of brands…


Halloween screams both Graphic 45 and Tim Holtz to me so my card base (8" x 8") is a paper from G45's Steampunk spells:

Those of you who are fans of G45 already know that their papers are double-sided and they very cleverly include topper cards on some sides. Here are two, appropriate with my card theme, cut and mounted:

Whether you like your Rock candy distress crackle or Kroma crackle, both make a fab texture for either paint or ink. In this case I used Tim's Bigz die, Pumpkin Jack, cut from coloured card and generously covered with Kroma. I had to heat dry the Kroma and it was too fragile to take paint so I used Dylusions ink for a change. To protect the crackle from flaking or dropping once the ink had dried, I covered the whole thing with a liberal coating of PVA:

As well as the G45 card toppers I decided on Spellbinders' feathers, Cheery Lynn steampunk owls, Heartfelt creations asters and leaves and Tattered lace puffballs:

The finishing touches are a strip of music sheet, torn and edged and a Flashcard, edged and stapled:

Top left:

Top right:

Bottom left:

Bottom right:

Complete:

I adore this season, it's the best time of the year so I hope you're having fun preparing for Halloween!

Have a great day folks and thanks for taking the time out to visit!

Chris xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment