Monday 8 December 2014

Corrugated Cardboard Dragonfly

Main 1
I am sharing a fun little project I made today using corrugated cardboard. I die cut the dragonfly (Tim Holtz Bigz die) from the cardboard and gave it a coat of chipped sapphire distress paint.
IMG_5914-1IMG_5915-1
I then began to add various other colours and also some black embossing powder while the paint was still wet – making sure I then dried with a heat gun. On the last layer I also added some aged taupe embossing powder from my stash.
IMG_5919-1IMG_5920-1
IMG_5921-1
I then began on some background cardstock. I took a selection of distress paints and dabbed them onto my craft mat before spritzing with a little water and running my card through them. I find this to be a hit and miss process but gives some great results.
The first piece is more intense and second less so as the paint was more watered down.
IMG_5916-1IMG_5918-1
I took the lighter piece and embossed with a folder from my stash before lightly sanding to reveal some of the texture.
IMG_5922-1
I die cut the other piece using the wonderful frameworks dies. I also cut some flowers from the tattered florals die and began to make a little flower.
IMG_5924-1
I lightly sanded my frameworks die cuts and edged with chipped sapphire distress ink. I also edged the embossed panel with the darker blue to frame it a little. Finally I stamped one of the sentiments from Tim Holtz Simple sayings and then mounted the elements on some card from my stash.
Sneak
Main 2
I love using corrugated card and the addition of the paints and embossing powder really highlights the texture.
Thanks for visiting us today.
Nikki

5 comments:

  1. Oh, love this Nikki, the corrugated dragonfly looks super, love how you used the frame works on the edge too and stunning colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loooove that dragonfly and the wonderful textures you have achieved. Great card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the colours on that beautiful dragonfly. Great card. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb colours and textures, loving the flower a lot :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

  5. Nice article you have been posted, It's very informative and helpful.
    Corrugated Paper Polls Wholesale

    ReplyDelete