Saturday 20 December 2014

Just A Little Note

Hello Everyone! 

Jennie here today with my last project of the year - and
what an exciting creative year it has been!



I have a simple little project today using the Brenda Walton Notepad Cover Die. I have a number of older relatives who I like to make a little Christmas gift for, but it has to be useful (I hate cluttering their lives with useless things!)

Making a little cover for some 4 x 4 Post It Notes fitted the bill nicely!


I cut the cover from some white board and gave it a spray with Wild Honey Distress Stain Spray. The board sops up the colour in places but gives an interesting covering.


I used the Gothic Layering Stencil and some of Tim's Texture Paste to create some texture on the front   and when it was dry stamped some text using Wild Honey Distress Ink. I blended a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges.


I did the same for the inside but just stamped with the text.


Then it was down to decorating with a little lace, a stamped butterfly and sentiment and of course a handmade flower (you can find the tutorial HERE on my blog). And that was it really! I love the way the texture paste takes the colour of the spray stain underneath.


It was easy to make a little batch of these ready to wrap up for Christmas presents.

Not long until the big day now, so I hope all your preparations are going well!
Have fun!

Jennie x






5 comments: