Thursday 4 December 2014

Snowman wonderland

Hi everyone!

When this Snowman set of Framelits and stamps was released I passed it by but I have been so impressed with what I’ve seen that his year I just had to buy it before it disappears.  This is just one of the cards I’ve made using it…



I created the main blue background using Tim’s wrinkle-free distress technique with blue DIs.  Then I block dabbed a darker blue DI over the top and misted it to blend.  When it was all dry, the sides were edged with brown DI.

I stamped the snowman several times and then waterbrush painted the various sections to cut out. 









The cut sections were decoupaged with foam pads.


The background was mounted and attached to the 8” x 8” card blank.







I found a piece of coloured card of a coordinating colour and ran it through an 8” x 8” embossing folder. 
A strip was cut from it and dark blue DI pad gently drawn over the embossed pattern to make it stand out.  I misted it to soften the edges.


A strip of white card was run through a ShadowPress folder and then painted with Distress stain.
It was dried with a heat gun, rubbed over with dark blue DI pad so that the debossed word stood out, then edged.


Using the Frameworks Honeycomb die I cut kraft card and then dabbed it directly with a dark brown DI pad. 







The finishing touches were put to the snowman by adding crystal gems and edging in dark brown DI.








Brads were added to the sentiment.









Top:














Bottom:














Complete:



















Thanks for dropping in today, have fun!

Chris xxx



3 comments:

  1. Great colour choices. Love the background effects and layout. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, the colours and textures are wonderful :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete