Saturday 22 August 2015

Be like the flower

I hate wasting paint! I try to only use tiny amounts of paint but occasionally I get over excited and squeeze too much out of the bottle and then am in a dilemma with what to do with the excess! So I add the excess to a spare page in a journal and eventually there's enough paint to make into a page!
So this is the background that I made over a few weeks and it was super bright! A bit too bright!
So I added a layer of white paint and then some arrows in the same pink paint. I wanted to keep the background muted so I sanded the page - this not only provides a smooth surface to stamp on but also softens any stencilling.
For the flower I used the rather fabulous new Lin Brown stamps but, knowing I wanted to use the sentiment I found on an internet quote site I knew the sunflower needed to have a face! I stamped a face on tissue paper, painted the reverse and then cut it to fit. It get the swirly leaf stamps to appear behind the stalk I stamped the stalk on a large post-it note (remember to stamp on the non sticky side but make sure you stamp some of the image on the edge that's sticky so it will stick to the page!), cut it out and then place it over the stalk while you stamp over the top - voila!
Thank you, as always for popping by!

4 comments:

  1. Great use of your left over paint, and I love your Sunflower Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Gabrielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your page and the use of your left over paint.!!!!! great stuff!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful Gabrielle - love it xx

    ReplyDelete