Monday 24 August 2015

One of A Kind

Hello it's Brenda here bringing you a tag using a tutorial I did on my blog a little while ago using the Tim Holtz Microglaze as a resist. To find it and maybe try it out press here.


The original tag looked like this before and after the microglaze treatment. It was a mop up tag taken from a box of leftovers I keep...


... and here it has been blended with distress inks after the microglaze had been applied through a stencil.


Before I made up the tag I added some very light text stamping using walnut stain distress ink.


I gathered together the elements I thought would go with the design in my head ...


... but you will see I added a couple more when completing it. This is the tiny punched bird from Tim Holtz's range of new punches ....


... and this is one of the tiny tattered flowers.


I painted and cut out the flower and stem using the flower garden set of stamps....


... and you can see the resist background, the number stencil worked really well.


Do you think I am moving to autumn mode already? Looks like it to me but I guess it won't be long.


Have a wonderful weekend and let us know if you try out the microglaze resist technique.

hugs Brenda xxx





11 comments:

  1. FABULOUS tag, love the muted palette and your choice of ephemera/images

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work Brenda - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours - the stencilled micro glaze works a treat - love this tag!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the shading of autumnal colours.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful tag Brenda - I love the resist technique and the colors you used to create such a pretty fall tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty tag Brenda, I love the "autumnal" colours! ;) Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely tag--all the techniques and elements came together beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous work. Great technique. Lovely embellishment.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutley Gorgeous! Love those colours so autumnal and warming . Great technique thank you for sharing the technique with us - gonna have to give it a try x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Brenda, your micro glaze resist technique is so effective, definitely going to be giving this a try. Loving your fall colour palette! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete