Thursday 20 August 2015

Take Note ..

Well Trace here again and today I have put a more masculine twist on some notelet books that I created here    with a feminine twist. So today, I have put a much more masculine spin on this die...which is so much more me ... I do love masculine inspired , vintage makes and love the muted brown shades.

So here are the makes for today :


I started by die cutting the notelet piece from card and then embossing using a Tim Holtz texture fade. Now to add some colour.... I applied some vintage photo Distress ink to the surface all over and then added some faded jeans distress ink in patches .. Finally edging with walnut stain Distress ink.



I applied some vintage photo distress ink to the inside , as when the notepad is opened the inside will show too. I then glued in a sticky notepad into the inside...


Now for the details.....They differ slightly for each one... for a couple I tucked some paper coated wire inside and then attached on the front...see below


I love the look of the wire and the mini attacher staples...
i scuffed the photo booth card and inked with walnut stain distress ink...adding some film strip ribbon with a stapled kiss..


here he is in place on the finished piece...complete with plenty of gears and mini gears and a chit chat sticker..



For this one I added a token and added some of the wire around the photo booth picture.. for really tricky to glue embellishments I use a glue gun to adhere them.



For the final one of the trio .. I added a band to some wire on the bottom part of the piece ...



So hope you like my masculine makes...the makes with a more feminine twist can be found here ...

keep those fingers inky!
trace x




8 comments:

  1. Wonderful Trace, just checked out your feminine ones too. Love them all! Great embellishing and love the wire. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ansolutely fab trace. love these to bits xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That embossing looks super! how fun with the photobooth photos - what inspiring creations Trace! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really fab! Trace Love your choice of colours and how you have chosen to embellish them keeping each one different. thx for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them Trace! Love the colour palette and the addition of the wire is perfect for these masculine note books, thanks so much for sharing them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely brilliant, Trace!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete