Tuesday 18 August 2015

Stampers Anonymous Stamp Storage

Hello Everyone, Jennie here, and today I am sharing my second project of the month. 

Back in February 2014 I made some book covers for the storage of my Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamps and they have been so successful I thought I would make another set to house my ever expanding collection! 



I have used some of the new Distress Ink Spray Stain colours (Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon) and the fabulous Perspective Stamps.


I started with some heavy greyboard and applied some texture paste through the Gothic and Typo Layering Stencils. I then added various die cuts, tissue tape and tissue wrap to create a small collage along with some mesh and when it had all stuck down well I gave it all a coat of gesso


Once the Gesso had dried it was then time for the fun part! I sprayed colours onto the boards but also plenty of water and kept mopping up with a kitchen towel in order to get more muted tones. I used the following Distress Spray Stains:

Cracked Pistachio
Wild Honey
Mermaid Lagoon
Vitnage Photo


I wanted to add some stamping but there was far too much texture on the boards so I stamped butterflies and some quotes onto tissue paper with Arcival Black Ink. Once these were added I had to try and get the two boards to look reasonably alike in tone so I used a little Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges to tone everything down, along with some Black Soot and Picket Fence Splatters.


As a final touch I die cut the brackets from the Hardware Findings die from what was left of the grey board, but coloured and texturised (is that a word ???) them with Black Soot Distress Paint and Antiquities Frosted Crystal Powder.


And here is the finished book which houses seven stamp sets with these 2" book rings. However, I still had some stamp sets left over (hmmmm …….. ) so I made another set of covers in exactly the same way but this time using Mermaid Lagoon and Vintage Photo.


I am very pleased to say that my stamp storage is now very well organised and I even have room for a couple of more stamp sets ……….. let's go shopping!

Thank you for joining me today. 

Jennie




7 comments:

  1. This is stunning, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning work jennie and a wonderful step x step. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these covers, the texture and colours are just so beautiful, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous and so well designed! Wonderful way to store the stamps! Awesome sauce! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous covers Jennie and what a great idea, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful covers to keep your stamps organized - very inspiring project! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning covers, Jennie - what a beautiful storage plan for your stamps. Both sets are lovely... May there be many more to come!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete