Saturday 8 August 2015

This way to The Beach!

Hello! I am sharing a journal page today that could easily be an entry in our theme of Summertime over at our sister Challenge blog! Every time we go on holiday I take a journal with me and when we get back to the hotel room or rented cottage I jot down what we did so that I can remember it in years to come... You really should read the journal I wrote during our disastrous boating holiday on the Norfolk Broads!
I started by adding blue and yellow paint to the page with a brayer and then instantly regretted buying this journal from a high street retailer as the pages are seriously flimsy (I won't be recommending it to you - stick to a proper one!) I added a thin layer of white paint to bring both layers together. I then added some stencilling in the coordinating colours. I added the crosses in the sky at an angle in the hope they look a bit like seagulls!
I then spied this alphabet stencil on my desk and added that! The more the merrier!
I stamped some images on tissue paper and an old book page. The tissue paper images were painted on the reverse, the book page images on the front.
Then the fun bit! I glue the images to the page, added sentiments randomly round the edges and then joined them with black pen (and added a pole for my sign!) i hope yu like my summer themed journal page - I just ned to make a few more now ready to document our adventures!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it annoying when journal pages are too flimsy? You wouldn't know it though from this lovely page. It looks just perfect and very summery! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Gabrielle - so summery xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Gabrielle, makes me want to head to the seashore!

    ReplyDelete