Wednesday 12 August 2015

Bird Crazy .

Well trace here and my turn to share a make today, and I too have succumbed to those crazy birds from the one and only Tim Holtz...but if you know me you will know I do love my neutrals so here is the crazy birds , neutral style x


softer tones...


and for those who like to be a little different...


So here is how I made them ...

Apply some distress stain to craft sheet and spritz with water to create droplets. Swipe card through the colour and then heat dry . Then add to card front and trim to size -  Then place lattice layering stencil and apply distress ink in places , I tend to do two corners on one side and the opposite middle of the other side. I used frayed burlap distress ink.



Ink up script stamp using frayed burlap ( this stamp is script from classics #9) and use unmounted rolling stamp on card to get a part stamped image. repeat across areas of the card.



Now ink same stamp using hickory smoke distress ink and again randomly stamp across card front to build up the layers of interest.



 Now place numbers stencil over the card and apply some hickory smoke distress ink through part of the numbers , I used cut n dry foam but a mini blending tool works great too.


here is completed card front with all those layers ..


Now apply walnut stain distress ink around the edges using blending tool


Now stamp crazy bird of your choice in jet black archival and add colour to your image...I played with some alcohol markers here but distress markers work great too... Then use coordinating framelit dies and cut around your bird...these dies are great as they take away all the hassle of fussy cutting out...and used with magnetic base plate stay perfectly in place!


One cut I added some walnut stain distress ink around the edges .


Here is the bird placed on card front...I moved him in the end...


To complete I stamped happy birthday in jet black archival, added some dyed seam binding and finally stuck on my crazy bird.


I love that these cards are simple and yet so effective to do.....and I love how the birds can rock my much loved neutrals...

My personal favourite is this rather sad looking little one with super pale neutral tones...


And for those who like to be a little different this crazy bird reminded me of a bat ...so he has his adventurous head on and is hanging around upside down...


Hope you like my inky layered makes....and maybe you will have a play with neutral tones or maybe ... play with more colourful tones to create layered cards.

keep those fingers inky !
trace x 





11 comments:

  1. I just live those crazy birds be they bright & colourful or muted like yours!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sally ...i do think theyre all very much their own little birds full of personality! xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something funny with trying to comment. LOL! As I was saying....LOVE these Trace! Love your technique! Crazy for Crazy Birds! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Debbie ..they are growing on me ...and all seem to have their own little personalities! xx

      Delete
  4. Great cards - so very effective in muted background

    ReplyDelete
  5. soooo cool - I love these!!! Brilliant makes Trace xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these birds in neutrals! Gives them a whole new look. Fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Trace, fabulous cards, love those silly crazy birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous neutral crazies, Trace - lovely trio of cards!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete