Friday 14 August 2015

Live, laugh, love with paper artsy

 Hi everyone, Nikki here (Addicted to Art) to share a decorated MDF plaque with you today.

I took my plaque, some cut and dry foam and paper artsy paints and gently sponged it in a couple of colours. I used iced blue and south pacific here. I start with the lighter colour, add some darker and then a little more lighter depending how the sponged effect is looking. Once dry I took the background stamp from Tim Holtz 'Papillon' and stamp the plaque using ranger white pigment ink.
I then sponged a little black soot distress paint around the edges. 
For my stars I begin with some greyboard and adhere some black and white patterned paper to it - this bit is optional - just white card would do. I cut some stars with the sissix bigz star die and I paint the stars with a translucent colour - South Pacific again here. With the paint being translucent any paper pattern will show through. I add to this with black paint using the edge of a credit card and, once the black is dry, splattering some white paint ( I use a paint brush and just flick it around). No picture here but I also take a black pen to ink up the edges.

I then take my chosen words - usually from the Chit chat or Big chat collections but I have run out of my selected words so did these on the computer. I stick them on and then cover the stars in glossy accents and leave to dry overnight.
Once dry I fix to my plaque and add some string, seam binding or ribbon to hang.


Thanks for stopping by, see you later in the month.
Nikki
xxx


4 comments: