Wednesday 26 August 2015

Tattered florals meets Wendy Vecchi

 Hi everyone, Nikki here from Addicted to Art. I was lucky enough to attend the Wendy Vecchi workshop in London a few weeks ago and felt inspired to create in her style. This was more difficult than I planned with a lack of her products - so this is very much a Tim Holtz products / Wendy Vecchi style tag!
I took a tag and distress inks in peeled paint and broken china. I covered my tag and then flicked water on it. Once dry I took my zig zag layering stencil to create the top and bottom border and then the flourish stencil to add some background to the central portion.

I cut my leaves from garden greens and trimmed to fit and also the tattered florals flowers. The leaves were painted with forest moss distress paint and randomly stamped with black archival.
For the flowers I was attempting Wendy's faux granite technique but only had clear, white and black embossing powder so it isn't really her technique at all! I coloured the grungepaper flowers with plum archival and clear embossing powder and heated. I added more ink and a mixture of clear with sprinkles of black embossing powder and heated again. Finally one more layer of clear. I stamped dots with ranger white pigment ink and let dry.
Finishing touches included adding black around the edges of my die cuts, a little faux stitching around the tag, some remnant rubs and some black seam binding.
Thanks for visiting today
Nikki


4 comments:

  1. Amazing detail work, Nikki , Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my Nikki - awesome awesome work - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Nikki and you did both Wendy and Tim proud! Wonderful background and I love your faux granite flower, I think it is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing your tag, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete